Friday, October 3, 2008

Yummy Treats

Jonathan and I have been having this big debate about making treats. I'm all for getting a box and making it easy, Jonathan HAS to make it all from scratch! Which is totally fine except we decided to make the cake, FROM SCRATCH, on a weeknight at about 10:00 P.M. We also had homemade Cream Cheese frosting, that we put in the middle, and Whipped Cream, The real stuff, to cover it with... I know how awesome are we?! We ate so much of the frosting before the cake was even done that we were sick going to bed!

As you can see we both loved making this delicious treat! Jonathan is the real Chef here, I'm just the Sous Chef.

Jonathan worked really hard on this cake and I really just made it look PRETTY and ate a couple bites.
There was one thing I could do better than Jonathan, Frosting. Please note in the background Jonathan's new vase he painted. Isn't he a talented little thing?!

All done and ready to go into the fridge for a month before we throw it out! :)

7 comments:

Emily said...

So Jealous!
Looks like you were having way too much fun. All I can say is enjoy those moments together before having children because they are priceless!
I know I really miss those carefree,fun,cake making,staying up till midnight, making yourself sick on sugar, no rules days.
Em xoxo

Natalie said...

Hey Laura, I found your blog and thought I would say hi! I didn't know that you got married! Congratulations! Your wedding pictures are so cute, I love your wedding dress, you look beautiful in it! It looks like you guys are doing well and having a lot of fun, I am so happy for you!

Katie said...

You guys are such a cute little married couple!!! hehehe

Joshua & Britt Marden said...

Hey Laura,

Its Britt! I just saw your blog and wanted you to see mine! I am due in a few weeks and am really excited! Love ya JoshuaandBrittany.blogspot.com

Steph said...

Hey i saw your blog of of britts! You guys are such a cute couple! Congrats on getting married. Sal and I also went to the boyz 2 men concert and i agree there was some impregnating going on for sure! j/k Well i'm glad you have a blog keep in touch!

lyn. said...

You could always bring the leftover cake to school instead of throwing it out... LOL

KristinaKendal said...

We are doing so good.. Planning is going good. Just ready for it to be here. How are you guys doing? looks like you guys are doing good. And you look gorgeous like always.