Thursday, October 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!


Yesterday was my 24th birthday and it was the most wonderful one yet. I must say that being married to the most wonderful man makes everything a thousand times better! Jonathan is truly the best person in the world to make a special holiday feel that much more special. I can't thank him enough for making me feel like a queen. I just feel bad for him because I am so not creative like he is... He'll just have to settle for my pathetic attempts at awesomeness.
Thanks to everyone and their well wishes and love. I love you all!

I woke up at 7:00 in the morning and looked over to where my husband should've been sleeping next to me and he was MIA. I thought maybe he's in making me breakfast, since he does that all the time anyway. I was wrong! I went out to the living room and it was dark, no Husband. I decided to go back to sleep since he likes to surprise me and I didn't want to ruin whatever it was he was up to. About 5 minutes later, I heard the kitchen door open and in walked my adorable husband to our bedroom and he climbed right into bed. Let me tell you what he did... He woke up at 6 in the morning to go and find me some flowers and brought me my favorite fresh baked bagels, Asiago Cheese. Mmmmmm Isn't he the best?!



You may think the morning outing is enough, but not for my Husband. He came to my work and decorated my car with balloons and lovely sayings. It must have taken him all day because there was no possible way to get into my car.



Luckily I work at an Elementary school and it just so happens that children LOVE balloons, so I went and grabbed a class that was outside and offered them all a free balloon. There were enough balloons for each child to take 3. They had a blast and I didn't have to clean up as many balloons as I would have.


There were many things written on my car, but my favorite had to be the "I look 18 but i'm really 24." Definitely an attention grabber.


Still you may think that surely there could be nothing else, but I tell you there was. Jonathan along with decorating my moms house for a family dinner, cleaning our own gorgeous apartment, and showering me with gifts, also had time to make me a beautiful cake, (from scratch) with strawberry and raspberry filling.

Aren't we an adorable couple? I look older don't I?


Don't worry I made a wish and I'm pretty sure it will come true in 8 1/2 months and counting.... I'm kidding, I'm not pregnant!

12 comments:

lyn. said...

Remember... leftover cake comes to school :-D

Steph said...

Wow, you do have a keeper for sure! That is so sweet of him to be so thoughful! I love that he put the on your car window "i look 18 but im realy 24". Its so true j/k! Sounds like you had an awesome birhtday! Happy Birthday!

Frampton Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!! Don't you love being married?! It makes Birthdays that much more fun. I Love the "I look 18, but I'm really 24! I feel the same way. What can we say, we look young people. I'm glad you had such a great Birthday. Love you!

~Janelle and Josh

ashley said...

happy birthday! that is really funny what he wrote on your car. maybe he can give chad some pointers for my birthday, ha ha.

Joshua & Britt Marden said...

Hey Laura,
I am glad that you had such a great birthday! I love ya

Vicki said...

What a great husband! Lucky you! Laura I forgot your birthday... sorry, I'm a lame friend sometimes! Hope it was great. From the blog, it sounded perfect! Love you so so much!

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

That's awesome! I am glad you had a good birthday, sorry we couldn't make it! Love you!

Jeff, Chelsea & Rustin said...

I would have to say you do look young, but hey look at the bright side of it. When you are older and don't want to look old people will probably guess you are younger then you look. Happy Birthday!

Mandi said...

I think our present is positive! Our little secret! By the way, Jonathan, you are a keeper! Don't ever stop doing things like that! SO sweet! And Laura it was great seeing you guys yesterday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Amber Snow said...

Those Snowmen are something else, huh. Problem is, after 7 years you start to run out of ideas. Jonathan, I need some help, 'cause my birthday surprises are getting pretty feeble! -sts-

mmattin said...

What a neat guy! Lucky Laura. Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday.

Valerie Russell said...

Super cute. I have your birthday present by the way. Just keeping up with my tradition of giving it to you late :) You really scared me with that last comment there! Not that it would be bad if you were pregnant, I would just be mad if i didn't know about it.